Background Image

Gas Safety Checks

Gas Safety Check

Every rental property requires a Gas Safety Certificate. This must be renewed every year and has to be issued by a qualified gas safety engineer.
Why is this needed? Well, the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe. This simply means that if you are a landlord renting out a property you must get these appliances checked every year by a Gas Safety Registered engineer.

Once the appliances are checked you need to keep a copy of the certificate we provide you with for 2 years and issue a copy to your tenants within 28 days.

What the check consists of:

  • Check all gas appliances are operating correctly
  • Ventilation is working with no obstructions
  • Any dangerous gases are removed safely
  • Any gas safety mechanisms are operating correctly

Gas Safety Certificate

The certificate will contain the following:

  • The landlord's name and address, together with the address of the property inspected
  • Description of every appliance and flue that has been inspected
  • A list of any defects that have been identified and necessary actions 
  • The name, signature and registration number of the engineer who has inspected the property

Why not give us a call for a quotation - you’ll be glad you did.

Examples of our work...